Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JohnPod JohnPod is offline

Default Mailmerge embeds pictures, not their urls, causing larger email si

I'm working on a newsletter. The source comes from .doc files, saved as .htm
to make the files available on a web site as a newsletter archive. I'm
trying to send the newsletter as a mailmerge output. So far, I can use the
..htm source file as the email source, with one interesting side effect - the
email sent includes embedded pictures, even though the file has those
pictures defined with properties including a web-located url from which the
picture is to be downloaded at read time.

Is there a nerd-switch somewhere to have mailmerge send only the htm
information, and not embed the pictures?

Also, I've read in this forum that mailmerge is "text only", but I've been
quite successful working with .htm files as mailmerge source. Has something
changed?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry for the delayed response.

You can try the following nested field (i.e. all the {} have to be the
special field code braces that you can insert using ctrl-F9), but I know
that it does not work for at least one user out there, and I do not know why
not.

{ QUOTE { INCLUDEPICTURE "http://whatever" \d } }

For a reasonably recent discussion of thiese issues, see

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e1ea46185a709a

(you may need to reconstruct the link if it spans more than one line)
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk