Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Look2TheSky2 Look2TheSky2 is offline

Default Automated Merge Reports

I have a directory style merge document that extracts data from an external
source based on the criteria I select using the add recipients button.

This merged report is run many times in one session with the 12-15 different
individual reports created based on different recipient criteria.

Rather than manually going through the process of changing the recipient
information for eachreport, is there a way I can automate this document, so
that at a push of a button perhaps, all the reports are calculated based on
their individual criteria without any user input?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you may be trying to perform a "multiple items per condition
(=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

or at:

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Look2TheSky2" wrote in message
I have a directory style merge document that extracts data from an external
source based on the criteria I select using the add recipients button.

This merged report is run many times in one session with the 12-15
different
individual reports created based on different recipient criteria.

Rather than manually going through the process of changing the recipient
information for eachreport, is there a way I can automate this document,
so
that at a push of a button perhaps, all the reports are calculated based
on
their individual criteria without any user input?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Look2TheSky2 Look2TheSky2 is offline

Thank you Doug for the help!
This is a bit to technically challenging for me to pursue, so I will
continue to do things the old slow way.