Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrew Kennard[_2_] Andrew Kennard[_2_] is offline

Default W2007 Where has don't print blank lines gone ?

Hi all

Further to my thread of 18.09.07

I still can't get Word 2007 to supress blank lines (when all fields are
blank and no other data on the line) when merging from a simple CSV file.

I notice that when you click the Finish & Merge button - Edit indiviual
Documents. There are far fewer options in the "Merge to new document" dialog
that appears

What has happend to the "Don't print blank lines when data fields are empty"
option along with others that are there in W2000 and although not in W2003
this DOES suppress the blank line

I must be missing something really obvious !!

Thanks

Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrew Kennard[_2_] Andrew Kennard[_2_] is offline

OK

I've just discovered what it is but not sure how to change it ...

Upto W2003 if you press CR it ends the paragraph and moves to the next line

In W2007 it does the same BUT adds a blank line between the paras

So I was using Shift and CR to put a line break in

When it is merging the whole "block" is one para so therefore there is no
suppression

Just tried it where each line was a para (blank line between) each

and those fields/lines ARE supressed

So the question is how to make W2007 CR key behave like W2003 and prior ie
end paragraph but no extra auto blank line between them. I would like to do
this at a "global" level

Thanks

Andrew

"Andrew Kennard" wrote in message
Hi all

Further to my thread of 18.09.07

I still can't get Word 2007 to supress blank lines (when all fields are
blank and no other data on the line) when merging from a simple CSV file.

I notice that when you click the Finish & Merge button - Edit indiviual
Documents. There are far fewer options in the "Merge to new document"
dialog that appears

What has happend to the "Don't print blank lines when data fields are
empty" option along with others that are there in W2000 and although not
in W2003 this DOES suppress the blank line

I must be missing something really obvious !!

Thanks

Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Modify the "Space after/before" formatting of the Paragraph Style in use (or
maybe just check the box that controls whether or not space is added between
paragraphs of the same style).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.