Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Melanie Melanie is offline

Default In an email mail merge, how can I change the "from" address?

I am an Office 2007 user. I need to send an email mail merge, but I need to
change the "from" address on the emails to a customer service alias that I
own. This would allow me to avoid be sending these emails from my personal
business account, as any replies to these messages would need to be routed to
the customer service alias. The mail merge wizard does not seem offer a way
to change the "from" address. Does anyone know if the "from" address can be
changed when doing a mail merge, and if so, how can it be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This is what I think is feasible/infeasible from experiments he
a. when you use the out-of-the-box merge to e-mail, you have to be logged
in to the account you want to send from.
b. assuming your organisation is using Exchange Server, if you use an
approach
such as the one Doug Robbins describes at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

then I think you can specify the "Send As" mailbox by specifying

objMailItem.SentOnBehalfOfName = "the mailbox name you want to use"

What happens then depends on what permissions the Exchange Admin. has give
to the currently logged in User. If they have permission to Send on Behalf
As, the mail is sent out with a "Sent on behalf of" address. If they have
permission to Send As, it goes out as if it was from the specified user.

c. (Haven't tried this) as long as you only need /replies/ to go to a
specific address, you could try using Doug RObbins' method as above, but set

objMailItem.ReplyRecipients
or
objMailItem.ReplyRecipientNames

(not sure which) to set the "Reply To" address. However, Outlook security
restricts access to these properties so I don't know whether or not it is
feasible.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk