Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Keith4321 Keith4321 is offline

Default 12:00:00 AM

Suddenly "12:00:00 AM" appears in many of the fields in the Mail Merge
Recipients preview. It appears in all the "first name", "last name", "title"
and other fields. When I merge the document with the Excel data :12:00:00 AM"
merges into the docuement. Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word/Excel? Has anything obvious changed (e.g. upgrading to
Word 2003 SP3?)

For a temporary fix I would try the DDE option at
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm, or if the workbook is simple (e.g. all
data and no formulas, try exporting to .csv and re-importing into a brand
new workbook.

However, if you have done anything like
a. add rows which happen to have cells formaated as "date/time"
b. add 8 or more rows at the top of your sheet that have date/time values
in them (doesn't sound likely but you never know)

that's probably the cause of this problem.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk