Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
atl1lgh atl1lgh is offline

Default underlining in a word doc that goes the width of page

Trying to type a curriculum vitae/resume and I would like to underline the
different section titles of my document. If I draw the line all my headers
don't look uniform. Is there a box I can click on that puts them on
automatically so it looks professional. thanks!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: underlining in a word doc that goes the width of page

  1. Yes, there is a way to underline your section titles in a uniform way in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  2. First, type out your section title.
  3. Highlight the section title by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
  4. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  5. Look for the "Font" section of the ribbon and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of that section.
  6. This will open the "Font" dialog box. In the dialog box, click on the "Underline Style" drop-down menu and select the type of underline you want to use. You can choose from options like "Single," "Double," "Thick," and "Dotted."
  7. Once you've selected your underline style, click on the "Underline Color" drop-down menu and choose the color you want to use for your underline. You can choose from options like black, blue, red, and more.
  8. Finally, click the "OK" button to apply the underline to your section title.

You can repeat these steps for each section title in your document to ensure that they all have the same uniform underline style. This will give your document a professional and polished look.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can add a paragraph border to the relevant heading style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"atl1lgh" wrote in message
Trying to type a curriculum vitae/resume and I would like to underline the
different section titles of my document. If I draw the line all my headers
don't look uniform. Is there a box I can click on that puts them on
automatically so it looks professional. thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To modify a paragraph style, display the Modify Style dialog box (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...fyAStyle.html), and then click
the Format button, and click Border. Make the desired changes. Click OK to
confirm the settings and close all dialog boxes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"atl1lgh" wrote in message
Trying to type a curriculum vitae/resume and I would like to underline
the
different section titles of my document. If I draw the line all my
headers
don't look uniform. Is there a box I can click on that puts them on
automatically so it looks professional. thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are starting from one of Word's resume formats, the 'elegant' resume
already has underlined headings, but note that all the resumes are
constructed from tables to which you can add borders where necessary.