KCDTx

Default How can I add background color to 1 pg of my Word 2003 document .

I would like to add a blue background color to one page of a multi-page word
document. When I click to add a background, it adds it to all pages, despite
the fact that I have set-up section breaks. Is there anything I can do?

Insert the background manually: draw a blue rectangle the size of the page,
anchored to the header paragraph and formatted as Behind Text. You can
actually do this without section breaks if you just anchor it to a paragraph
on the page instead of the header.

"KCDTx" wrote in message
I would like to add a blue background color to one page of a multi-page

word
document. When I click to add a background, it adds it to all pages,

despite
the fact that I have set-up section breaks. Is there anything I can do?

KCDTx

Thank you for your response. I have gone ahead and done as you suggested.
However, the header and footer won't appear in front of the image. I have
selected that the picure be behind the text and selected the order as "back"
but the headers and footers still don't show up. Any suggestions?

"KCDTx" wrote in message
I would like to add a blue background color to one page of a multi-page

word
document. When I click to add a background, it adds it to all pages,

despite
the fact that I have set-up section breaks. Is there anything I can do?

I can only guess that the drawing layer must be above the header/footer
layer. Try anchoring it to the page instead.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert the background manually: draw a blue rectangle the size of the

page,
anchored to the header paragraph and formatted as Behind Text. You can
actually do this without section breaks if you just anchor it to a

paragraph
on the page instead of the header.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.