George W. Barrowcliff

Default NO URL

How do I keep a phrase that looks like a URL from being treated like a URL
in Word?

i.e. ???

Thanks

You can disable this formatting for *all* such text by clearing the check
box for "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" under "Replace as you
type" on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect (Options).
For individual instances, you can Ctrl+Z (Undo) immediately after typing to
remove the formatting. For exisiting instances, you can Ctrl+Shift+F9 to
unlink the field.

"George W. Barrowcliff" wrote in message
How do I keep a phrase that looks like a URL from being treated like a URL
in Word?

i.e. ???

Thanks

You have to have the insertion point in the hyperlink field for
Ctrl+Shift+F9 (Unlink Fields) to work.

"George W. Barrowcliff" wrote in message
Thank you Suzanne. I was not able to get the Ctl-Shift-F9 to work, but
retyping and using the Ctl-Z worked great! Thanks again

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can disable this formatting for *all* such text by clearing the

check
box for "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" under "Replace as

you
type" on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect

(Options).
For individual instances, you can Ctrl+Z (Undo) immediately after typing

remove the formatting. For exisiting instances, you can Ctrl+Shift+F9 to
unlink the field.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.