Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cdcadcdac cdcadcdac is offline

Default Put in arrow over picture to point to object

Hello,
Another 2 questions for my WORD document.

Now I've got the pictures dropped in wherever I need them but I need to put
an arrow over the picture to point to part of the picture.

Is there any artwork or graphic to do this?
I can use a JPEG drawing but the box is square even if the arrow is not.
This is not good.

Also, is there a way to position an inserted JPEG graphic to a certain
location? I am trying to put page numbers (done as JPEG picture) at the same
spot on the bottom of each page. There is no room to use the standard WORD
page numbering so I am doing it this way.

Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Put in arrow over picture to point to object

Adding an arrow over a picture in Microsoft Word
  1. Insert the picture you want to add an arrow to.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Shapes" in the "Illustrations" section.
  4. Choose the arrow shape you want to use. You can find it under the "Lines" section.
  5. Click and drag the arrow shape over the picture to position it where you want it.
  6. To adjust the size and angle of the arrow, click on it to select it, then use the sizing handles and rotation handle to make adjustments.

Positioning an inserted JPEG graphic to a certain location
  1. Insert the JPEG graphic you want to position.
  2. Click on the graphic to select it.
  3. Click on the "Format" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Click on "Position" in the "Arrange" section.
  5. Choose the position you want the graphic to be in. For example, if you want it to be at the bottom of the page, choose "Bottom Center."
  6. If you need to make further adjustments, you can use the "Wrap Text" and "Bring Forward" or "Send Backward" options to fine-tune the positioning.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a third party application to annotate your graphics - SnagIt is
excellent for this and there is a fully working trial.
For the number graphics (?) insert 'behind text' on the page and position
where you want. You will have to do each page separately and do so only when
you have finished editing the document.

cdcadcdac wrote:
Hello,
Another 2 questions for my WORD document.

Now I've got the pictures dropped in wherever I need them but I need
to put an arrow over the picture to point to part of the picture.

Is there any artwork or graphic to do this?
I can use a JPEG drawing but the box is square even if the arrow is
not. This is not good.

Also, is there a way to position an inserted JPEG graphic to a certain
location? I am trying to put page numbers (done as JPEG picture) at
the same spot on the bottom of each page. There is no room to use the
standard WORD page numbering so I am doing it this way.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use the arrow tool (Drawing toolbar) to add arrows. You can position
text boxes containing the page numbers, but I don't know what you mean about
there not being room for Word to add the page numbers. You can change the
header/footer margin and insert the numbers left, right, center or anywhere
else in the header or footer (including to the left or right of the page
margin if you give the Header/Footer paragraph a negative indent).

It sounds very much as if you are using the wrong application for your
purposes; since you seem determined to work at cross purposes to Word, you'd
probably be a lot happier using page layout software such as Publisher.

"cdcadcdac" wrote in message
Hello,
Another 2 questions for my WORD document.

Now I've got the pictures dropped in wherever I need them but I need to
put
an arrow over the picture to point to part of the picture.

Is there any artwork or graphic to do this?
I can use a JPEG drawing but the box is square even if the arrow is not.
This is not good.

Also, is there a way to position an inserted JPEG graphic to a certain
location? I am trying to put page numbers (done as JPEG picture) at the
same
spot on the bottom of each page. There is no room to use the standard WORD
page numbering so I am doing it this way.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cdcadcdac cdcadcdac is offline

Suzanne,
I tried the arrow and it works great. By pressing "alt" and the arrow keys
on my keyboard, I can adjust the arrow size in very fine increments.
The text box idea worked but it takes up too much room so I inserts JPEG
from an AutoCAD drawing which is much more customizable.

Thanks,

"cdcadcdac" wrote in message
Hello,
Another 2 questions for my WORD document.

Now I've got the pictures dropped in wherever I need them but I need to
put
an arrow over the picture to point to part of the picture.

Is there any artwork or graphic to do this?
I can use a JPEG drawing but the box is square even if the arrow is not.
This is not good.

Also, is there a way to position an inserted JPEG graphic to a certain
location? I am trying to put page numbers (done as JPEG picture) at the
same
spot on the bottom of each page. There is no room to use the standard WORD
page numbering so I am doing it this way.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can format the text box to any size you like, and if you reduce the
inner margins to zero, it is no larger than the number itself. But I still
don't understand why you think you can't use Word's built-in page numbering.

"cdcadcdac" wrote in message
Hello,
Another 2 questions for my WORD document.

Now I've got the pictures dropped in wherever I need them but I need to
put
an arrow over the picture to point to part of the picture.

Is there any artwork or graphic to do this?
I can use a JPEG drawing but the box is square even if the arrow is
not.
This is not good.

Also, is there a way to position an inserted JPEG graphic to a certain
location? I am trying to put page numbers (done as JPEG picture) at the
same
spot on the bottom of each page. There is no room to use the standard
WORD
page numbering so I am doing it this way.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I really like SnagIt for doing tasks like that. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~