Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Default How do I eliminate the X in the Signature Line from Word 2007?

I want to eliminate the big X from the Signature Line but don't see how I
can. Please advise.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I eliminate the X in the Signature Line from Word 2007?

Here's how you can remove the X from the Signature Line in Word 2007:
  1. Click on the Signature Line in your document to select it.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on "Signature Line" in the "Text" section of the menu.
  4. In the "Signature Setup" window that appears, uncheck the box next to "Show sign date in signature line".
  5. Click "OK" to close the window.

The X should now be removed from the Signature Line in your document. If you want to add your own signature to the line, you can do so by clicking on the line and following the prompts in the "Microsoft Office Signature Setup" window that appears.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I don't think you can since it's an image.

Are you using the Signature line for the digital signature functionality
(the ability to digitally sign a document and mark it as 'final') or are
looking for a simple line for a signature?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"John" wrote in message
I want to eliminate the big X from the Signature Line but don't see how I
can. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

John wrote:
I want to eliminate the big X from the Signature Line but don't see
how I can. Please advise.

If you use the built-in Signature Line button on the Insert ribbon, you
can't remove the X.

Instead of using the Signature Line button, first type the name/title where
you want it, then click the Shapes button in the Illustrations group and
choose the plain line tool to draw a line above the name. To make the line
perfectly horizontal, hold down the Shift key while drawing the line.

If clicking the line tool causes a big box to appear with the words "Create
your drawing here", go to Office button Word Options Advanced Editing
Options and uncheck "Automatically create drawing canvas when inserting
AutoShapes".

For more, see http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ryan Memmott Ryan Memmott is offline

I would also like to remove this anoying X. Also, I would like to be able to
change the size and shape of the "signature line" (I use quotes cause it is
more of an object/block) with out distorting the text included in the
"signature line".

Jay Freeman wrote:

Instead of using the Signature Line button, first type the name/title where
you want it, then click the Shapes button in the Illustrations group and
choose the plain line tool to draw a line above the name. To make the line
perfectly horizontal, hold down the Shift key while drawing the line.

However, this does not give the capability for digital signing. If this new
line could be part of an object that when clicked, gave the option to
digitally sign, that would help. I would also like the abilty to lock the
signature line to only display the common name of the certificate used to
sign the line.

"John" wrote:

I want to eliminate the big X from the Signature Line but don't see how I
can. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Are you using the Signature line for the digital signature functionality?
i.e. the ability to digitally sign a document and mark it as 'final'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

news

"John" wrote:

I want to eliminate the big X from the Signature Line but don't see how I
can. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rampidol Rampidol is offline

Have you noticed that no-one has yet given any clues on how to change the
font or size that appears on the automatic digital signature?
The question is not asking for sideways....he wants just to know how to
change this auto function...and SO DO I...
so if anyone arround there can tell me how to change the font to TNR
12....great...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You can't change it.

Note that my response is not an offer to provide a workaround, my question
was to ascertain whether the digital signature line feature was being used
as intended. The intention is to provide a means to provide a "stamp
signature" to digitally sign a document with an authenticated digital
certificate for online viewing. I've found most think it's an easy way to
insert a signature line, for a handwritten signature, in a document but
that's not what it was designed to do.