Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mouserancher

Default "select all instances" of style is broken

I style sections of text using custom styles. When I use the right-hand
"Styles and Formatting" pane, and right-click on a style and choose
"Select all ### Instance(s)" then I get an odd result. Most of the text
with that style gets selected, but with gaps in it. For instance, if I
had a sentence "This is an example of styled text" in a particular
style, and used "Select all ### instances" for that style, then
sometimes only "This is an" and "styled text" will get selected in that
sentence. When I check the style of "example of" it confirms that it
has the same style as the surrounding text, but for some reason still
didn't get included in the selection.

Does any one have any ideas about the cause and solution of this
problem, please?