Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LindaM

Default black band across page

Word 2002
Whenever a colleague types in a particular document, a black band appears
over his text, right across the page. This only happens when he's in Print
Layout view and it doesn't print. We've tried all the obvious formatting
options but nothing appears wrong.
Any suggestions would be very welcome
--
Linda M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

It could be a corrupt doc.

Safest thing to try first is copy all but the last ¶, paste into a new blank
doc & see if the problem persists in the new one.

HTH |:)

"LindaM" wrote:

Word 2002
Whenever a colleague types in a particular document, a black band appears
over his text, right across the page. This only happens when he's in Print
Layout view and it doesn't print. We've tried all the obvious formatting
options but nothing appears wrong.
Any suggestions would be very welcome
--
Linda M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LindaM

Thanks, Taz

Interestingly, when I opened the document on my PC, there was no problem. So
I guess it's a hardware problem
--
Linda M

"LindaM" wrote:

Word 2002
Whenever a colleague types in a particular document, a black band appears
over his text, right across the page. This only happens when he's in Print
Layout view and it doesn't print. We've tried all the obvious formatting
options but nothing appears wrong.
Any suggestions would be very welcome
--
Linda M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

This could be an indication of an inadequate display driver. See if there's
an update available and/or reduce hardware acceleration to the display.

LindaM wrote:
Word 2002
Whenever a colleague types in a particular document, a black band
appears over his text, right across the page. This only happens when
he's in Print Layout view and it doesn't print. We've tried all the
obvious formatting options but nothing appears wrong.
Any suggestions would be very welcome

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AJang

My OfficeXp have the sme problem.

In my computer, there are two user accounts, say Alice and Bob.
Alice encountered the same problem as LindaM, but Bob had no problem at all.
So I think that it is not a hardware problem but a word setting problem.
But I can't figure out how to fix it.

"LindaM" wrote:

Thank you all.
--
Linda M

"LindaM" wrote in message
Word 2002
Whenever a colleague types in a particular document, a black band appears
over his text, right across the page. This only happens when he's in Print
Layout view and it doesn't print. We've tried all the obvious formatting
options but nothing appears wrong.
Any suggestions would be very welcome
--
Linda M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Did you check the color depth settings in Windows for the two users
(Method 3 in the article Suzanne cited)? Each account can have a
different setting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 02:21:02 -0700, AJang
wrote:

My OfficeXp have the sme problem.

In my computer, there are two user accounts, say Alice and Bob.
Alice encountered the same problem as LindaM, but Bob had no problem at all.
So I think that it is not a hardware problem but a word setting problem.
But I can't figure out how to fix it.

"LindaM" wrote:

Thank you all.
--
Linda M

"LindaM" wrote in message
Word 2002
Whenever a colleague types in a particular document, a black band appears
over his text, right across the page. This only happens when he's in Print
Layout view and it doesn't print. We've tried all the obvious formatting
options but nothing appears wrong.
Any suggestions would be very welcome
--
Linda M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AJang

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Did you check the color depth settings in Windows for the two users
(Method 3 in the article Suzanne cited)? Each account can have a
different setting.

Both user in the same settings
Windows display settings:
Resolution: 1024X768
Color depth: 32
Word:
Zoom in word: 120%
The same word document.

--

wrote:

My OfficeXp have the sme problem.

In my computer, there are two user accounts, say Alice and Bob.
Alice encountered the same problem as LindaM, but Bob had no problem at all.
So I think that it is not a hardware problem but a word setting problem.
But I can't figure out how to fix it.

"LindaM" wrote:

Thank you all.
--