Sarah Cotterill

Default re-assign a new template to an old document

We have recently renamed the company and therefore have changed
ourletterhead template. The trouble is we have a lot of documents we use as
basic standard letters that we edit accordingly. So the problem is "how do we
re-assign a new template to an old document" or should that be "re-assign an
old document to a new template" probably on mass. the version of "WORD" is
2000.
Daiya Mitchell

In the old doc, open Tools | Templates and Add-ins, then attach a new
template.

HOWEVER, that is not going to solve your problem, as attaching a new
template over brings over style definitions, *not* text or margins.

So you will need to open a new doc based on the letterhead template, and
copy the text in there. Probably the easiest way would be to use Insert |
File to insert the old letters.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/