Ms Diva

Default Corrupt Files

We are creating a Guide based on dozens of underlying specification and
system documents. Problem is several of the documents are returning the
following message:
"This document may be corrupt. To preserve the contents: Choose Select All
from the Edit menu, then choose copy from the Edit menu. Create a new
document, then choose Paste from the Edit menu."

Unfortunately, this alternative is not working no matter what we try. I
suspect Styles may be playing a part in the corrupt message and have tried
manipulation via the Organizer, however, that, too is not working.

Can anyone tell me what we can do to preserve the contents of these
documents. Some are so voluminous we simply don't have time to recreate them.
Help!
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TXMgRGl2YQ==?=,

Which version of Word is involved here? Or, better, what's the most recent
version you have available? And how many versions are being used to edit
these documents?

There appears to be an important point missing in the instructions you're
seeing: you should NOT include the last paragraph mark in what you're
copying. If you are dealing with structural problems in the documents, this
will just carry them along...

We are creating a Guide based on dozens of underlying specification and
system documents. Problem is several of the documents are returning the
following message:
"This document may be corrupt. To preserve the contents: Choose Select All
from the Edit menu, then choose copy from the Edit menu. Create a new
document, then choose Paste from the Edit menu."

Unfortunately, this alternative is not working no matter what we try. I
suspect Styles may be playing a part in the corrupt message and have tried
manipulation via the Organizer, however, that, too is not working.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Embedded .jpeg and .gif files J Streger Microsoft Word Help 0 March 1st 05 05:23 PM
see copying files to cd january 11,2005 frank zangari New Users 2 January 13th 05 04:09 PM
Can jpeg files be converted to Word files? Rileytide Microsoft Word Help 1 January 1st 05 04:11 PM
Duplicate Files John Flatley New Users 1 December 22nd 04 08:17 AM
RECOVER Temp FILES from CD-RW Kimla Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 04 02:59 PM