user03 user03 is offline
Junior Member

Default Extract Data from Word Documents

I am using Office 2013 64 bit.

I have many word documents in the undermentioned format:

1.Heading A
blah blah

2.Heading B
blah blah blah

3.Heading C
blah blah blah

What I am trying to achieve is a document that extracts contents based on the Headings and consolidates then into a separate file. So I would have three files:

File X :
Heading A from File 1
Heading A from File 2
Heading A from File 3
..

File Y :
Heading B from File 1
Heading B from File 2
Heading B from File 3
..

File Z :
Heading C from File 1
Heading C from File 2
Heading C from File 3
..

If the same can be reversed it would we awesome.

Thanks in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SafeTex SafeTex is offline

On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 15:31:02 UTC+1, user03 wrote:
I am using Office 2013 64 bit.

I have many word documents in the undermentioned format:

1.Heading A
blah blah

2.Heading B
blah blah blah

3.Heading C
blah blah blah

What I am trying to achieve is a document that extracts contents based
on the Headings and consolidates then into a separate file. So I would
have three files:

File X :
Heading A from File 1
Heading A from File 2
Heading A from File 3
.

File Y :
Heading B from File 1
Heading B from File 2
Heading B from File 3
.

File Z :
Heading C from File 1
Heading C from File 2
Heading C from File 3
.

--
user03

Hello

For extracting text, I use Text Crawler

http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/tcdownloads.html

The problem is that you would have to set it up using regex expressions for this plus with instructions for the line break

I've no idea how to do this

Good luck