Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jen

Default First page headers/footers

Is it possible to have a different footer on the first page, but have the
header the same? Although I can do it manually, there is information in the
header that I'd prefer not to type in a second time.

Word 2003 SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jen

The problem is that this template will be used by lots of different people,
and I want it to be as easy as possible - hence my desire not to ask them to
copy and paste if I can possibly help it!

In re-reading my original question, it's really not terribly clear. Basically:
Page 1: Header 1, Footer 1
Subsequent pages: Header 1, Footer 2

I guess what I'm asking is if there's any way to have "different first page"
for footers only, but make the header the same throughout.

"Jen" wrote:

Is it possible to have a different footer on the first page, but have the
header the same? Although I can do it manually, there is information in the
header that I'd prefer not to type in a second time.

Word 2003 SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

No, there's no way to do that. If the info in the headers is repeated, you
could use fields to avoid having to enter it twice. Most templates can be
set up so the headers and footers are automatic, anyway.

"Jen" wrote:

Is it possible to have a different footer on the first page, but have
the
header the same? Although I can do it manually, there is information in
the
header that I'd prefer not to type in a second time.

Word 2003 SP2

Changing page number Denis Levesque Microsoft Word Help 4 April 11th 06 12:58 PM
Want to start page 1 numbering after five pages - how? RM Page Layout 6 April 5th 06 05:07 AM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
preview odd number pages on the right and even on the left mikeo Page Layout 6 February 26th 05 12:26 AM