Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ellinoz Ellinoz is offline

Default Table headings flicking between pages

We have a very complex document of around 180 pages that incorporates tables
within tables as well as quite a few section breaks. It is built
automatically with a lot of bookmarks and external references so is fairly
unwieldy.

However, there are two main issues:

Firstly, Word sometimes can't seem to decide whether a paragraph mark/line
should stay on one page or drop onto the next. One moment the pagination
will be fine, and the next it will have dropped the paragraph mark or section
break onto the next page and we get blank pages or headings starting too far
down a page.

Secondly, we had two tables that started on a new page (by using hard
returns as we couldn't break the tables due to the complex structure). They
looked fine in Print Layout and Print Preview, and showing/hiding the hidden
text or characters made no difference. When we printed them to PDF the
heading rows had come back up to the bottom of the previous page.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Thanks