Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin O'Neill Kevin O'Neill is offline

Default Custom Caption (with Table Icon) Ex..... (icon) Table 1

Hello and thank you ahead of time. I'm trying to spruce up the look of
my thesis.

Using the "Insert Caption"... I would like to add an icon to the Table
and Figure options, so when I lable a Table as such, or Figure...

Standard "Insert Caption"...
"Table 1" or "Figure 1"

Is there a way to have

"(small picture of my choosing) Table 1"

?? or is this VBA time?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jul 31, 12:52*am, "Kevin O'Neill" wrote:
Hello and thank you ahead of time. I'm trying to spruce up the look of
my thesis.

Using the "Insert Caption"... I would like to add an icon to the Table
and Figure options, so when I lable a Table as such, or Figure...

Standard "Insert Caption"...
"Table 1" or "Figure 1"

Is there a way to have

"(small picture of my choosing) Table 1"

?? or is this VBA time?

Made some progress.

Made a custom Bullet, new style using that bullet, and after creating
the Caption, re-assigning the new style with custom bullet.

2 problems with that.

1) is the icon size looks to have a max. size, around 5 pixels or so,
looking for something bigger
2) not very stream line to have to re-style every time i add a
caption, and of course varying depending if its a Table or Figure
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

What you could do is create an Autotext entry for the Caption you want. So
create the caption as usual, add false text to the title it you want, add the
image you want and place it where you want it. Select the whole line
including the Paragraph Mark, press Alt+F3, enter a unique name (you proably
will be able to use Table). So the next time you want a Table Caption, start
typing Table - by the fourth letter you should get the Autotext option, press
retrun and you will have your new Caption with image.
You require the Paragraph Mark to be included so the Autotext entry will
contain the formatting style for the caption.
For more on AutoText, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.
All the best
DeanH
"Kevin O'Neill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Forgot to mention, I would not do this as a bullet, but just insert the image
before Table and ensure its layout is In Line WIth Text.
DeanH

"Kevin O'Neill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note, however, that your university's Thesis Office may have very
strict rules about formatting (remember, this document will be
archived for the ages, and taste in graphic decoration changes very
quickly). You do want to be taken seriously by people who will be
looking at your work some years from now.

On Jul 31, 12:52*am, "Kevin O'Neill" wrote:
Hello and thank you ahead of time. I'm trying to spruce up the look of
my thesis.

Using the "Insert Caption"... I would like to add an icon to the Table
and Figure options, so when I lable a Table as such, or Figure...

Standard "Insert Caption"...
"Table 1" or "Figure 1"

Is there a way to have

"(small picture of my choosing) Table 1"

?? or is this VBA time?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jul 31, 8:45*am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Note, however, that your university's Thesis Office may have very
strict rules about formatting (remember, this document will be
archived for the ages, and taste in graphic decoration changes very
quickly). You do want to be taken seriously by people who will be
looking at your work some years from now.

On Jul 31, 12:52*am, "Kevin O'Neill" wrote:

Hello and thank you ahead of time. I'm trying to spruce up the look of
my thesis.

Using the "Insert Caption"... I would like to add an icon to the Table
and Figure options, so when I lable a Table as such, or Figure...

Standard "Insert Caption"...
"Table 1" or "Figure 1"

Is there a way to have

"(small picture of my choosing) Table 1"

?? or is this VBA time?

Peter, very good point. Dean thanks for the suggestion. Your right we
do have strict formatting, over looked that. Ballacks!