Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shannon Shannon is offline

Default How do I count the lines with characters only?

I need to count the lines in a document without the blank lines being counted
as well. It seems that it counts the lines if you "enter" down to skip a
space and then continue typing. For example:

Dear John:

I am having difficulty.

Sincerely,

Sue This would count 7 lines instead of 4!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would be much easier if the document was formatted properly and was set
for double spacing as opposed to hitting the Enter key twice.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Shannon" wrote in message
I need to count the lines in a document without the blank lines being
counted
as well. It seems that it counts the lines if you "enter" down to skip a
space and then continue typing. For example:

Dear John:

I am having difficulty.

Sincerely,

Sue This would count 7 lines instead
of 4!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Agreed. But for "cheaters," Greg Maxey has a solution:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Count_Lines_of_Text.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP