RR

Default Word margins and white space!

Hi, I have a picture as a footer, but whatever I do, the white space around
won't disappear.
Is it possible to make the picture stretch the whole page and along the
bottom.
The printer has no properties as far I can understand to manage margins.
(Sorry for any bad english!)

RR

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi R.R.,

Some of the 'photo printer' inkjets can print to the
edge of the paper, but many printers have
some space on the sides where they don't print because
it's where they 'grab' the paper to guide it through and
the same on the bottom (they lose control of being able
to reliably guide it 'x' inches/cm from the bottom).

To find the minimum margins that your printer driver has
set from within Word start a new, blank document and
use File=Page setup to set all margins to zero.
If you get an error message allow Word to 'fix' the
problem and it should tell you at that point the minimum
margin settings.

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx