Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bpk bpk is offline

Default paragraph spacing

why is it when I use 1.5 spacing for my paragraphs, the gap seems larger than
how it used to be in word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

There could be some spacing before (or after) specified; see the Indents
and Spacing tab of the Paragraph dialog box.

Note also that the actual distance between baselines depends on the font
you are using.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bpk" wrote in message
why is it when I use 1.5 spacing for my paragraphs, the gap seems
larger than how it used to be in word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you switch printers? Or are you using a different operating system,
which could mean that you are using a different printer driver?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bpk" wrote in message
why is it when I use 1.5 spacing for my paragraphs, the gap seems
larger than how it used to be in word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bpk bpk is offline

no, i did not switch printers..but are the spacing and indentations correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I don't know of any issues with documents opened in Word 2003, if that's
what you are asking; I've certainly never seen anything peculiar with my
own documents. But if you are not happy with the actual line spacing,
you can use a fixed value: In Format | Paragraph, Indents and Spacing
tab, specify "Exactly" for Line Spacing, and type the value you want.
Some trial and error might be needed, to find out which is the
appropriate value.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bpk" wrote in message
no, i did not switch printers..but are the spacing and indentations

correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Also verify that the Vertical Alignment (Layout tab of File | Page
Setup) is set to "Top."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP