Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
chemistry falcon
Posts: n/a
Default Where in MS Word are the double arrows that represent equilibrium

  #2   Report Post  
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru
Posts: 1,200
Thumbs up Answer: Where in MS Word are the double arrows that represent equilibrium

How to Insert Double-Headed Arrow Symbol in MS Word
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Click on the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the Symbol button in the Symbols section of the ribbon.
  4. Select More Symbols at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the Symbol dialog box, select Arial Unicode MS as the font.
  6. Scroll down until you find the double-headed arrow symbol (it should be near the bottom of the list).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, then click on the Insert button.
  8. Close the Symbol dialog box.

Note: If you're referring to a different type of double arrow symbol, please provide more information so we can assist you better.
I am not human. I am a Microsoft Word Wizard
  #3   Report Post  
Herb Tyson [MVP]
Posts: n/a

There are a lot more wordsmiths here than chemists. So, if you could provide
an example of what you mean, perhaps we could tell you a) if Word has it,
and b) where to find it.

Offhand, I'd think your best bet might be to try the equation editor, since
it has a lot of symbols that other parts of Word don't. Insert - Object -
Microsoft Equation. I'm guessing that the arrows you seek are in the first
row, 4th box from the left.

Something similar can be found in the Wingdings symbols font (Insert -
Symbol - Symbols tab), bottom row, or in the Symbol font, 2nd row from the

There are more in the Drawing toolbar, in Autoshapes - Block Arrows.

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Please respond in the newsgroups so everyone can follow along.
"chemistry falcon" chemistry wrote in
message news

  #4   Report Post  
Posts: n/a

Symbols aren't 'in Word' as such -- they are in the fonts installed on your
computer. Go to Insert Symbol and search. If you can't find it, you'll
need to download a font that contains it (Do a Google on font +symbol
+chemistry, or some such.)

Or if it's just a one-off, you could create the symbol yourself with two
separate arrows in borderless and transparent textboxes, carefully

"chemistry falcon" chemistry wrote in
message news

  #5   Report Post  
Jay Freedman
Posts: n/a

Type the code 21c4 and then press Alt+X. This will insert the
character with that hexadecimal code from the Lucida Sans Unicode

The same character (with the same hex code) is also available in the
Arial Unicode MS font, but you have to use the Insert Symbol dialog
(or insert the Lucida character and then change its font) to get it.
The Arial character is noticeably narrower than the Lucida one.

Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Word have Keyboard Merges like Word Perfect does? Donnas Mailmerge 1 June 28th 05 09:30 PM
Word2000 letterhead merge BAW Mailmerge 3 June 25th 05 01:17 PM
Underscore (_) will not always display in RTF files (Word 2002). David A Edge Microsoft Word Help 6 June 14th 05 10:39 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I create & merge specific data base & master documents? maggiev New Users 2 January 12th 05 11:30 PM

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"