Larry Brickner

Default How to stop MSWord formatting notes at the end of each saved document

Somehow all of my word files are now saved with a bunch
offormatting notes at the end of the document. (Example
shown below.)I've tried new saves and deleting all of the
notes at the end and they always come back. How can I get
rid of these. Thanks
Normal
Normal
Default Paragraph Font
Body Text Indent
Body Text Indent

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Larry,

In File=Open check to see that the file type is
set to Word Document rather than 'Recover text...'

In Tools=Options=General, turning on
[x] confirm conversions at open
will flag you if you open a file type other than
Word Document

======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Larry Brickner

Bob,
Thank you so much. Don't know how it happened but I've
made the change and it now seems to work.
There appear to be a few documents that still have the
original problem altho most seem to be fine. any
suggestions for getting these back to the
original "format" (if that's the correct term.
Anyway, thanks again.
Also, I "x"ed the box to confirm conversions. But what
does this mean. I haven't noticed any flaging so far.
Thanks

wrote in message
Somehow all of my word files are now saved with a bunch
offormatting notes at the end of the document. (Example
shown below.)I've tried new saves and deleting all of the
notes at the end and they always come back. How can I get
rid of these. Thanks
Normal
Normal
Body Text Indent
Body Text Indent

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Larry,

Depending somewhat on the version of Word it will
switch to 'recover text' if the file you're opening
appears to be a Word document with some damage and
may make that file type 'stick' as the default.

The [x] Confirm conversions at options choice doesn't
show anything when opening a Word document, but will
popup if Word thinks it's seeing a damaged Word document
or any non-Word document file type.

If the file really is damaged and the only format you
get is plain recovered text you may need to copy the
contents to a new blank document and apply your formatting.

=======