Brenda Rueter

Default Path/Filename does not update in Word 2002

A user observed that in Word 2000, if you put the Insert AutoText code for
"Filename and Path" into a header or footer, if the document was
subsequently renamed or moved, the filename and path would be automatically
updated when it was saved.

This does not happen in Word 2002. It appears that the Filename & Path is a
static code rather than a dynamic code and does not change. That is, I
duplicate that user's results. I have SP-1 and the user has SP-3.

Is there a workaround or some other way to get the Filename and Path into
documents so that information updates? TIA...

Charles Kenyon

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/File_Name_And_Path.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon