Treesy

Default Ascii Registered Symbol

I think you can use auto correct to put in the registered symbol when you
type (r) I believe you can do the same for copyright symbol with (c). Check
out Tools/Auto Correct.

"Bryan" wrote:

I'm trying to use ascii characters in a word 2003 document, but nothing
happens when I hold down the alt key and type a numeric code. For example,
alt+33 for the exclamation point.
Ultimately I'm trying to insert the registered symbol: the r with a circle
around it.

Bryan

"Bryan" wrote:

I'm trying to use ascii characters in a word 2003 document, but nothing
happens when I hold down the alt key and type a numeric code. For
example,
alt+33 for the exclamation point.
Ultimately I'm trying to insert the registered symbol: the r with a
circle
around it.

Treesy,

It works.

Thank you,

Bryan

Stan Brown

"Bryan" wrote in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
I'm trying to use ascii characters in a word 2003 document, but nothing
happens when I hold down the alt key and type a numeric code. For example,
alt+33 for the exclamation point.
Ultimately I'm trying to insert the registered symbol: the r with a circle
around it.

I posted a similar query in another Word group, and it appears the
ultimate issue was that I was on a laptop that does funky things
with the numeric keypad. Are you on a laptop?

And if not, did you try Alt-0033 on the numeric keypad? I believe
you need four digits for this to work (though I could be wrong).

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Bryan

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
"Bryan" wrote in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
I'm trying to use ascii characters in a word 2003 document, but nothing
happens when I hold down the alt key and type a numeric code. For
example,
alt+33 for the exclamation point.
Ultimately I'm trying to insert the registered symbol: the r with a circle
around it.

I posted a similar query in another Word group, and it appears the
ultimate issue was that I was on a laptop that does funky things
with the numeric keypad. Are you on a laptop?

And if not, did you try Alt-0033 on the numeric keypad? I believe
you need four digits for this to work (though I could be wrong).

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Yes, I am using a laptop.
I'll have to try my desktop.

Thanks for the ideas.