Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Not Amelia Not Amelia is offline

Default How do you insert a date/time control onto a Word form?

I have a form we're using to formalize requests for new reports, and to
better prompt our end users, I'd like to use a date/time control instead of a
text box so they can choose the date from a calendar rather than type it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What sort of Form? If you use a Userform (Custom Dialog) by right clicking
on the Toolbox, you can access More Controls amongs which you will find what
you are looking for.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Not Amelia" Not wrote in message
I have a form we're using to formalize requests for new reports, and to
better prompt our end users, I'd like to use a date/time control instead
of a
text box so they can choose the date from a calendar rather than type it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Amelia (or not? :-))

Not Amelia wrote:
I have a form we're using to formalize requests for new reports, and to
better prompt our end users, I'd like to use a date/time control instead of a
text box so they can choose the date from a calendar rather than type it.

some past discussions and links:

http://groups.google.ch/group/micros...978413 658cd9
http://ccrp.mvps.org/index.html?controls/ccrpdtp6.htm
http://groups.google.ch/group/micros...009205f701acb8

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Not Amelia" wrote:

I have a form we're using to formalize requests for new reports, and to
better prompt our end users, I'd like to use a date/time control instead of a
text box so they can choose the date from a calendar rather than type it.

What I was really looking for was to embed the control into the Word form
itself without going into VBA at all, but the UserForm may be a viable
alternative. Thanks.