Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joel M

Default Footer Numbering

Hello,

I am trying to number the pages in a document manually. I have a document
that is about 60 pages but i will be inserting another 20 or so pages into it
when i print it. These pages will be inserted in the middle of the document
therefor will mess with the original numbering. So i want my footer to show
the page numbers with missing numbers. For instance I will have 1, 2, 3, 5,
8, ,9, 10. This will leave a place for the pages i will insert.

Any idea how to set this up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

I don't know how it can be done in a footer.

How about setting up a paragraph that says "This page will be filled later."

Put it in a heading style that has page break before as part of the
paragraph formatting. Start the next page with page break before formatting.

Insert these where you will be putting pages. Automatic page numbering will
now work.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.