Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
walter p.

Default Headers

Headers vanish after a few pages. Why?
Sections change after a few pages. Why?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

My guess is that the headers vanish about the same time the sections change.
I don't know why you inserted a section break. You may not have know that
this was what you were doing.
"walter p." wrote in message
Headers vanish after a few pages. Why?
Sections change after a few pages. Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
walter p.

"walter p." wrote in message
Headers vanish after a few pages. Why?
Sections change after a few pages. Why?

Thank you Charles, How do these section breaks appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Was I right that the headers change or disappear when there is a new
section?

Section breaks appear because you are inserting them. I don't know why you
are inserting them.

There are a number things you can do in Word that will insert a continuous
section break without asking you first. One that comes to mind is adding a
columnar layout or changing the number of columns. If in a layout or option
you are given the choice of making it apply to the entire document or "from
this point forward" if you choose the latter, you will insert a section
break.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.