Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marty

Default Horizontal Ruler

My horizontal ruler used to be visible when any word document opened. One
day it decided to permanently disappear. I can get it back with View, Ruler.
My question, is how to get the ruler to be visible by default?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SVC

Open a blank document, click View Ruler, then Click File, Page Setup and
click Default. Say Yes to allow changes to the Normal.dot template. Now you
should have your ruler back.

"Marty" wrote:

My horizontal ruler used to be visible when any word document opened. One
day it decided to permanently disappear. I can get it back with View, Ruler.
My question, is how to get the ruler to be visible by default?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SVC

I've tried this with my Normal.dot template and it works. It is also
successful in retaining the Thumbnail view, plus any of the other layout
views (Web, Outline, etc.), as well as the Zoom level. I cannot, however,
find any documenation of this on the Microsoft Knowledge Base. I'll check on
the developers page and see if I can find anything.

"Marty" wrote:

My horizontal ruler used to be visible when any word document opened.

One
day it decided to permanently disappear. I can get it back with View,

Ruler.
My question, is how to get the ruler to be visible by default?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I wish I thought it would help, as my ruler has a dismaying habit of going
AWOL.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

View settings of this type are not, I think, saved in Normal.dot, so I

can't
see that this would help.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.