Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul

Default Change margns from pt. to inches?

When I goto page setup the margins are in pts but were listed in inches. How
do I change this back?

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Any time you want to change something that fundamental to a document, the
first place to look is under Tools - Options. (For this setting, look under
General - down near the bottom.)

Whenever I want to change something and see what I can change, I always
start here. Doesn't matter what the program is - they almost all have some
sort of a Tools or Settings dialog box. And as long as I don't close the
program I can tweak until I'm happy and know that I can always undo any
changes. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Paul" wrote in message
When I goto page setup the margins are in pts but were listed in inches.
How
do I change this back?

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on Tools | Options | General | Measurement units:
Inches | OK. If Word won't let you change the setting there,
then see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299339 "You cannot
change ruler measurement unit from character units after upgrade
to Office XP" or http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm .