Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sonia Sonia is offline

Default Building blocks - Quick Parts Word 2007

Hi
I am getting very frustrated as I keep adding new building blocks to quick
parts, but they do not save. I read that you need to go into Word Options
and click on always save changes to normal template but only very
occassionally do I get asked on exiting word if I want to save my changes. I
have tried adding the building blocks to different templates, exiting in
different ways, but the changes still do not appear next time I open word.
What am I doing wrong?
Sonia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you can't save changes to templates, a poorly designed add-in might be the
cause. A workaround is to open your template as a document (via the Open
dialog box), and then add the building block. Be sure to save the template
before closing it.

The next step would then be to locate the add-in causing the problems. If
you know that you have recently installed an application, look in its
properties or options dialog box which might give you a clue to what it has
added. You can also look in the Startup folder for Word and simply remove
add-ins one by one until the issue clears itself up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP