JMT

Default TOC links are not converting in the PDF

Does anyone know what I can do to get a TOC to work in a PDF?

tjtjjtjt

Yes. I'm using Adobe Acrobat 6.0 and Word 2003, and these are the steps.
Since you didn't specify versions for your software, I'll give these
directions.

In Word, go to the Adobe PDF Menu (if you don't have it, keep reading).
Pick change conversion settings...
Click on the Word tab...
Check the box for convert cross-reference and table of contents to links.
Then, convert the document and check the links.

If you are missing the Adobe PDF menu, and you know you have Acrobat
installed...
In Word go to Tools | Templates and add-ins and make sure you have
AdobePDF.dot checked.
If you don't see this template, do a Windows search for it, then use the
Templates and add-ins box to browse for it and add it.

tj

"JMT" wrote:

Does anyone know what I can do to get a TOC to work in a PDF?

jmt20

Hi there-
I'm using Acrobat 7 Pro / XP PRO, Word2002 & Word2003. Last night I was able
to make a PDF with functioning TOC links using the AdobePDF icon.

I searched my system for the .dot file you suggested but only found one
associated with an older version (Acrobat 4) that was labeled PDFMaker.dot.
When I tried to add that one I got an error message.

When I tried using the icon this morning, the PDF links fail again. It's not
working :-(.

Thanks for the info on the addins...I was wondering how Snagit was
integrated with it :-)

I use Framemaker, and in the past, have always created the .ps, then
converted to PDF. Maybe because I create PDFs from Framemaker I'm having
issues?

Thanks for your suggestions

"JMT" wrote:

Does anyone know what I can do to get a TOC to work in a PDF?

Graham Mayor

Acrobat 7 does not use a DOT add-in, but a COM add-in (which incidentally
prevents saving updates to normal.dot). It sounds as though you have a
conflict between the old Acrobat 4 and the new Acrobat 7. Uninstall both
then re-install Acrobat 7.