Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
krebstj

Default deleting space in document

I'm working on an existing document and every once in a while a space between
some of the text comes up (about a half-page long) and I can't get rid of it.
Word won't let me put the cursor anywhere in the space, and when I try to use
the back space to move the lower text up to the top, the cursor just moves
right up to the text above and skips right over the space.

Anyone know what is going on? I've never run into this problem before.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Looks like page breaks or section breaks to me, but it might be space-before
or space-after paragraph formatting.

Are you in normal or print view?

Version of Word?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"krebstj" wrote in message
I'm working on an existing document and every once in a while a space
between
some of the text comes up (about a half-page long) and I can't get rid of
it.
Word won't let me put the cursor anywhere in the space, and when I try to
use
the back space to move the lower text up to the top, the cursor just moves
right up to the text above and skips right over the space.

Anyone know what is going on? I've never run into this problem before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SVC

Check under Format Paragraph, the Lines and Page Breaks tab. You may have
a paragrph that is trying to keep together with the next paragraph and, when
it does not fit on the page, will jump to the next page, leaving lots of
space. Or it is set to insert a page break before it. If checked, uncheck
Keep with next and Page break before.

"krebstj" wrote:

I'm working on an existing document and every once in a while a space between
some of the text comes up (about a half-page long) and I can't get rid of it.
Word won't let me put the cursor anywhere in the space, and when I try to use
the back space to move the lower text up to the top, the cursor just moves
right up to the text above and skips right over the space.

Anyone know what is going on? I've never run into this problem before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
krebstj

Thanks Charles, I just had to delete the section breaks. I knew it had to be
a simple problem like that but I was stumped. Thanks very much for your help!!

Tom