Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pyramid 36

Default Document opened from OL2003 doesn't

My problem is almost identical to the previous one. When I open a document
that is attached to an email or a document that I've attached to a Contact,
when Word opens it's blank. When I go back to OL, there's a message that the
document can't be found. Unlike the previous post, a 2nd attempt to open the
document is successful.

--
Pyramid 36 "Ken"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Just out of idle curiosity, are you saving this document before you open it?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Pyramid 36" wrote:

My problem is almost identical to the previous one. When I open a document
that is attached to an email or a document that I've attached to a Contact,
when Word opens it's blank. When I go back to OL, there's a message that the
document can't be found. Unlike the previous post, a 2nd attempt to open the
document is successful.

--
Pyramid 36 "Ken"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pyramid 36

Carol,
Nope, just clicking on it to open. That has always worked in the past.
Also, I'm not always sure I want to save some of the documents I get (I have
a consulting business and get a lot of resumes, some of which I keep and
others, not).
--
Pyramid 36 "Ken"

"Pyramid 36" wrote:

My problem is almost identical to the previous one. When I open a document
that is attached to an email or a document that I've attached to a Contact,
when Word opens it's blank. When I go back to OL, there's a message that the
document can't be found. Unlike the previous post, a 2nd attempt to open the
document is successful.

--
Pyramid 36 "Ken"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Then I'm sure you won't like my answer. You should always right-click an
attachment and save it before opening. If you don't want to keep the
document after you have perused it, you can always delete it easily. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/outloo...ft_outlook.htm

Insofar as it always worked before - doing things incorrectly in Word or any
other application for that matter, is like speeding on the highway - sooner
or later you get caught.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP