Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PVO PVO is offline

Default Saving Word doc directly to a PDF

I have Adobe Acrobat 7.x (not just the free Acrobat Reader) on my Windows XP
computer along with Microsoft Office 2007. I want to be able to save a Word
document directly as a PDF file from within Word without having to open Adobe
Acrobat. (It works on one of my computers, but not the one in my office.) How
do I go about getting it to work on my office computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Robert is offline

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:09:01 -0700, PVO wrote:

I have Adobe Acrobat 7.x (not just the free Acrobat Reader) on my Windows XP
computer along with Microsoft Office 2007. I want to be able to save a Word
document directly as a PDF file from within Word without having to open Adobe
Acrobat. (It works on one of my computers, but not the one in my office.) How
do I go about getting it to work on my office computer?

Download and install the 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as
PDF or XPS. Available from:

Cheers
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] graeme.smith04@gmail.com is offline

On Sep 17, 5:09*am, PVO wrote:
I have Adobe Acrobat 7.x (not just the free Acrobat Reader) on my Windows XP
computer along with Microsoft Office 2007. *I want to be able to save a Word
document directly as a PDF file from within Word without having to open Adobe
Acrobat. (It works on one of my computers, but not the one in my office.) How
do I go about getting it to work on my office computer?

Not sure if this is generic but one of my printer options is Adobe pdf
which saves it as a pdf file.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The Acrobat 7 add-in is not compatible with Office 2007. For that you need
Acrobat 8. You can still 'print' to the Acrobat driver for a limited
functionality or you can install the PDF add-in downloadable from Microsoft
to replace Acrobat 7.

PVO wrote:
I have Adobe Acrobat 7.x (not just the free Acrobat Reader) on my
Windows XP computer along with Microsoft Office 2007. I want to be
able to save a Word document directly as a PDF file from within Word
without having to open Adobe Acrobat. (It works on one of my
computers, but not the one in my office.) How do I go about getting
it to work on my office computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wishing I had windows back Wishing I had windows back is offline

--I have windows vista. I also have 2007 office. When I save a document it
saves as pdf adobe. Not what I want but even when I try to open it I can't
b/c corrupted and states adobe won't open.
1. How do I get it to save a word doc not adobe.
2. What adobe version should I be using for windows vista and 2007 office
compatability.
Thanks

Wishing for some help

"Robert" wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:09:01 -0700, PVO wrote:

I have Adobe Acrobat 7.x (not just the free Acrobat Reader) on my Windows XP
computer along with Microsoft Office 2007. I want to be able to save a Word
document directly as a PDF file from within Word without having to open Adobe
Acrobat. (It works on one of my computers, but not the one in my office.) How
do I go about getting it to work on my office computer?

Download and install the 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as
PDF or XPS. Available from:

Cheers
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like you (or maybe Acrobat itself) changed your default printer
to Adobe Acrobat. Just change your default printer to something else
in your normal.dotx.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d=4D951911-3E7....