Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spock of vulcan spock of vulcan is offline

Default pleease help me :-(

I wondered if anyone knows an easy way of being able to automatically put
details like my home address at the top of letters would make my
correspondence a lot easier thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guruveer Guruveer is offline

You can click record macros and assign a shortcut key. And type your address
once

and as after you when you want the address, you can just use shortcut key to
apply

address on word 2007.

"spock of vulcan" wrote:

I wondered if anyone knows an easy way of being able to automatically put
details like my home address at the top of letters would make my
correspondence a lot easier thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"spock of vulcan" wrote in message
I wondered if anyone knows an easy way of being able to automatically put
details like my home address at the top of letters would make my
correspondence a lot easier thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spock of vulcan spock of vulcan is offline

thanks to all the replies and suzanne I have glanced at the link you put and
it looks like just what I need so I hope it isnt too complicated to
understand, its not that Im stupid its just that sometimes the instructions
for things can be pages and pages long just to explain a few basic
instructions, there again its got to be better than trying to line up the
lines of my address every time I have to write a letter thanks again
everyone. :-)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"spock of vulcan" wrote in message
I wondered if anyone knows an easy way of being able to automatically put
details like my home address at the top of letters would make my
correspondence a lot easier thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is a very long article, but just the first part will get you started.
Print out a few pages to follow if you think that will be helpful. Also, if
you haven't used headers and footers before, I'd advise that you first read
the linked article at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm