Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KimboR KimboR is offline

Default Outlining Toolbar in Word 2003

If I switch on the Outlining toolbar in Word 2003 then close Word, the
toolbar does not reappear when I open Word again. This is the only toolbar
which gives me this problem, so I can't figure out why Normal.dot is not
saving this change, when it successfully saves every other toolbar I switch
on/off. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gnibtay Gnibtay is offline

All I can say is I have the exact same problem, and would also appreciate
hearing from anyone who has a solution.

"KimboR" wrote:

If I switch on the Outlining toolbar in Word 2003 then close Word, the
toolbar does not reappear when I open Word again. This is the only toolbar
which gives me this problem, so I can't figure out why Normal.dot is not
saving this change, when it successfully saves every other toolbar I switch
on/off. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The Outlining toolbar is more closely associated with the Outline view. If
you want it to show on starting Word in other views, then add the following
line to an Autoexec macro in normal. dot

CommandBars("Outlining").Visible = True

and/or add a macro to a toolbar button to toggle the display of the bar on
and off thus:

With CommandBars("Outlining")
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

KimboR wrote:
If I switch on the Outlining toolbar in Word 2003 then close Word, the
toolbar does not reappear when I open Word again. This is the only
toolbar which gives me this problem, so I can't figure out why
Normal.dot is not saving this change, when it successfully saves
every other toolbar I switch on/off. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KimboR KimboR is offline

Thanks for your solution Graham. It was actually one of one of my colleagues
who wanted the Outlining toolbar displayed at all times and I think it's more
for the TOC side of things as opposed to the buttons for creating an outline
structure, etc. I'll pass your info on to him.