Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dina Dina is offline

Default How I protect the header in word & at the same time use text box?

I already make protection to the header & footer in word 2003 but after that
when I need to insert text box I found that text box is demit & also other
things that I need to use, so I need to lock or protect the header & footer &
at the same time use text box and other things
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guruveer Guruveer is offline

Perhaps the simplest answer is to place the header and footer in its own
section and protect that section from changes. You can do that by following
these general steps:

Set up your header and/or footer as desired.

Insert a Continuous break on the first line of the document.

Create the remainder of your document as desired.

Protect the document as a form, making sure that only the first section (the
part

before your Continuous break) is the only section that is protected.

Save your document.

When you save your document, you can save it either as a regular document or
as a template. Your header and footer information is now protected from
unauthorized changes. The rest of the document can readily be changed.

You will find the Capital "I" type style, click on it and you can edit the
text.

"Dina" wrote:

I already make protection to the header & footer in word 2003 but after that
when I need to insert text box I found that text box is demit & also other
things that I need to use, so I need to lock or protect the header & footer &
at the same time use text box and other things

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dina Dina is offline

Default How I protect the header in word & at the same time use text b

Thank you for your reply, but what you said is already what I did, I can edit
the file after protecting it but the problem if I want to add a text box it
is demit, also I can't add Bullets & numbering, Border & shading, & other
things are demit and I can't use it after protecting my file.
You can say I can do everything I want to do first then protect my document
but the problem that I need to protect the header & footer that contain a
company logo & name then let the candidates in this company write in this
form & add text boxes & anything else.
If there is anything else please let me know

"Dina" wrote:

I already make protection to the header & footer in word 2003 but after that
when I need to insert text box I found that text box is demit & also other
things that I need to use, so I need to lock or protect the header & footer &
at the same time use text box and other things

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

There are many things you cannot do in a protected document, as you have
seen.

What you can do is have a macro turn off the document protection, insert the
text box (or whatever should be done), and then reprotect the document. For
further assistance, ask in a programming newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

However, you could also ask yourself if you really must use a protected
document. Wouldn't it be sufficient to offer a template which provides the
desired contents and formatting?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP