Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim J. Jim J. is offline

Default Headers

I combine different files from different people into a master document. I
have been able to divide each of these files by section breaks and place the
name of the file in the different headers in the master document.

But I need to place a static date in the header that repeats for ALL pages.
I have not found a way without having to place the date in the header in
every section break.
--
Jim J.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The master document function is broken in Word and should be avoided
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm

Use instead Includetext fields and put the date in the header of the
document in which the fields are placed.
or
you could probably arrange a macro to print all the required documents
separately having first added a date to each of their headers

Jim J. wrote:
I combine different files from different people into a master
document. I have been able to divide each of these files by section
breaks and place the name of the file in the different headers in the
master document.

But I need to place a static date in the header that repeats for ALL
pages. I have not found a way without having to place the date in the
header in every section break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim J. Jim J. is offline

Graham,
I'm trying to avoid having to place the date in each header after a section
break. Do you know if you could have a header with a date that will repeat on
all pages regardless of the page break? ie. a combination of fixed and
variable text in the header?
--
Jim J.

Jim J. wrote:
I combine different files from different people into a master
document. I have been able to divide each of these files by section
breaks and place the name of the file in the different headers in the
master document.

But I need to place a static date in the header that repeats for ALL
pages. I have not found a way without having to place the date in the
header in every section break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you put a date field in the header(s) it will show the current date when
the document is opened.

Jim J. wrote:
I combine different files from different people into a master
document. I have been able to divide each of these files by section
breaks and place the name of the file in the different headers in
the master document.

But I need to place a static date in the header that repeats for ALL
pages. I have not found a way without having to place the date in
the header in every section break.

numbered outline: convert numbers in headers to text in headers Adrian Lowdike Page Layout 5 October 1st 06 10:23 PM
Need templare with headers, sub-headers & Table content Bob Vancouver Page Layout 3 May 1st 06 02:25 PM
Headers Missy Page Layout 2 January 13th 06 05:21 PM
Running Headers Separate from Page Headers mbaird Page Layout 1 October 5th 05 08:56 AM
Help - Headers - linking to previous headers not working properly Dab Page Layout 3 May 12th 05 10:50 PM