Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike M-SA

Default Can I use multiple different sets of endnotes?

I write books on Christianity that require two sets of references - Scripture
quotations and explanatory notes - to endnotes intermingled in the text. The
sets are numbered differently (the Scriptures are superscripted
alphabetically and the other numerically). At present I use either a
footnote/endnote combination or a clumsy, inflexible VBA macro to generate
"pseudo-endnotes" (don't ask).

Is it possible to use Word's built-in system to produce multiple sets of
endnotes and, obviously, how would I do it?

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

There is no built-in way to mix different kinds of endnotes in one
file. If you cannot use an endnotes/footnotes combination, have you
considered asking for help with your macro in a programming newsgroup?
Perhaps it can be improved?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mike M-SA" wrote in message
I write books on Christianity that require two sets of references -

Scripture
quotations and explanatory notes - to endnotes intermingled in the

text. The
sets are numbered differently (the Scriptures are superscripted
alphabetically and the other numerically). At present I use either a
footnote/endnote combination or a clumsy, inflexible VBA macro to

generate
"pseudo-endnotes" (don't ask).

Is it possible to use Word's built-in system to produce multiple

sets of
endnotes and, obviously, how would I do it?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike M-SA

Thank you, Stefan. I wrote the macro in a hurry without clear objectives and
I subsequently added extra capabilities without proper care; I've meant to
fix it up for months. I was just hoping that there was an easier way.

Mike