Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MLV

Default Help with Table of Contents in Word

I am trying to do a table of contents with the following information and I am
not able to figure it out.

Abusive/Violent Behavior...........(These would be the page numbers) 4, 8,
12, 14,
Arguing.............2, 4, 6, 8,

When I mark the text and insert the table of contents it puts each page
number on a seperate line with the heading. Is there a way to make it appear
like the sample I supplied above.

I am new at this so I probably won't understand any computer lingo so if you
could please answer in simple terms that would be a great help.

Thanks
MLV
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

MLV wrote:
I am trying to do a table of contents with the following information and I am
not able to figure it out.

Abusive/Violent Behavior...........(These would be the page numbers) 4, 8,
12, 14,
Arguing.............2, 4, 6, 8,

That's an index. Look up the two fields INDEX and XE in Word's offline help.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS