Diane

Default Print notification

Just today, we started receiving notifications every time we send a document
to a printer. A balloon appears out of the printer icon in the lower right
hand corner of the screen and tells you that you just sent this document to
printer XXX and gives you all of the print details. We have never seen this
before. It is really rather annoying. Does anyone know how to turn off this
notification?

Thank you very much.
--
Diane

Diane

I haven't purposely updated any printer drivers (that I know of), but I have
installed Windows hotfixes recently and wondered if there was something in
one of those that might have changed my printer drivers. We have nine
network printers and our employees all print to different printers. I did
install a new network printer last week (before these messages began
appearing). However, the print message is not only happening on that new
printer. It is happening on every printer in the office and they are not
even all the same printer model.

Would the installation of a completely new printer throw off the entire
print system? If so, can you tell me why? Thanks for your response
CyberTaz. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

"Diane" wrote:

Just today, we started receiving notifications every time we send a document
to a printer. A balloon appears out of the printer icon in the lower right
hand corner of the screen and tells you that you just sent this document to
printer XXX and gives you all of the print details. We have never seen this
before. It is really rather annoying. Does anyone know how to turn off this
notification?

Thank you very much.
--
Diane

Bob S

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:59:02 -0800, "Diane"
wrote:

Just today, we started receiving notifications every time we send a document
to a printer. A balloon appears out of the printer icon in the lower right
hand corner of the screen and tells you that you just sent this document to
printer XXX and gives you all of the print details. We have never seen this
before. It is really rather annoying. Does anyone know how to turn off this
notification?

Thank you very much.

Try looking in Windows. Go to Start | Settings | Printers and Faxes to
get the dialog box controlling printing settings. (This is for XP; it
may be slightly different on other versions.)

In that dialog look at File | Server Properties | Advanced tab. See
whether there are check marks in the various "notification" boxes. Try
changing the ones that you don't like.

Bob S