Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kimmerdog kimmerdog is offline

Default Adding Reference Note in the Margin

We consistently create Addendums to Contracts and other Tender documents. Do
you know what I could do to add a reference note in the margin for each
change that is made? I don't want to use TRACK CHANGES.

i.e., Addendum No. 1, includes additional items, want to place a symbol in
the margin that shows the place where the additional item was placed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I guess you could use a text box for each of your custom comments; be sure to anchor each text box to the relevant paragraph. But note that it would be easier to use the built-in comments feature.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kimmerdog" wrote in message ...
We consistently create Addendums to Contracts and other Tender documents. Do
you know what I could do to add a reference note in the margin for each
change that is made? I don't want to use TRACK CHANGES.

i.e., Addendum No. 1, includes additional items, want to place a symbol in
the margin that shows the place where the additional item was placed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A frame would work better and can be included in a style; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"kimmerdog" wrote in message
We consistently create Addendums to Contracts and other Tender documents.
Do you know what I could do to add a reference note in the margin for
each change that is made? I don't want to use TRACK CHANGES. i.e.,
Addendum No. 1, includes additional items, want to place a symbol in the
margin that shows the place where the additional item was placed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Of course!

--
Stefan Blom