Default Problem With Drop-down Field--Word2002

I am trying to create a form with drop-down fields. I have created a Table.
I select the drop-down field icon from the Forms Toolbar and place the
field in a cell. I double-click on the new field and the property dialogue
opens. I enter and add each item in the list I want the user to choose
from. When I close the dialogue, the first item I entered displays, but no
drop-down arrow to enable a choice.

TIA Stu

"Greg Maxey" wrote in
:

Stu,

You need to protect the form. Click the padlock icon on the forms
toolbar.

Thanks. That solved the problem.