tcebob

Default Explode text box?

A certain PDF converter program places text in text boxes when it converts to Word. How
can I get the text out of the box? I think the boxes are linked, because if I delete one
the whole page disappears. However, I know next to nothing about text boxes.

Also, how can I get the boxes to be invisible? Not the text, of course, but the dashed
outline around the box.

rs

Greg Maxey

Try running this procedure posted earlier by Helmut Weber:

Sub ConvertTextBoxesToText()
Dim oShp As Shape ' a shape
Dim lPrg As Long ' the position of the anchor
Dim rTmp As Range ' a temporary range
Dim nPrg As Long ' number of paragraph anchor is in
Dim lShp As Long ' counter for shapes
With ActiveDocument.Shapes
For lShp = .Count To 1 Step -1
If .Item(lShp).Type = msoTextBox Then
sTxt = .Item(lShp).TextFrame.TextRange.Text
lPrg = .Item(lShp).Anchor.Start
Set rTmp = ActiveDocument.Range(Start:=0, End:=lPrg)
nPrg = rTmp.Paragraphs.Count + 1
ActiveDocument.Paragraphs(nPrg).Range.Text = _
ActiveDocument.Paragraphs(nPrg).Range.Text & " " & sTxt
End If
Next
End With
End Sub

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

tcebob wrote:
A certain PDF converter program places text in text boxes when it
converts to Word. How can I get the text out of the box? I think the
boxes are linked, because if I delete one the whole page disappears.
However, I know next to nothing about text boxes.

Also, how can I get the boxes to be invisible? Not the text, of
course, but the dashed outline around the box.

rs

TF

Are they definitely Text Boxes rather than Frames? If it is frames, you can
simply do a SelectAll (Ctrl+A) and RemoveFrames (though you will need to
drag this command onto a Toolbar using Customise dialog).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: Wow! 14 minutes. Thanks, Greg, for being alert.
:
: rs
:
: "Greg Maxey" wrote in message
: ...
:: Try running this procedure posted earlier by Helmut Weber:
::
[...]
:: --
:: tcebob wrote:
:: A certain PDF converter program places text in text boxes when it
:: converts to Word. How can I get the text out of the box? I think the
:: boxes are linked, because if I delete one the whole page disappears.
:: However, I know next to nothing about text boxes.
::
:: Also, how can I get the boxes to be invisible? Not the text, of
:: course, but the dashed outline around the box.
::
:: rs
::
::
:
:

Amedee Van Gasse

tcebob shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Wow! 14 minutes. Thanks, Greg, for being alert.

Be alert.
This world needs more lerts.
;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1