Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Question Boy[_2_] Question Boy[_2_] is offline

Default Custom Numbering

I need to create a cutom numbering, but can't get it right.

I am looking to have a sequence like:

CM-001
CM-002
CM-002

I can select Number Style 01, 02, 03, ... but I need 001, 002, 003, ...

Is there a way for me to define this style somehow?

Thank you for your help,

QB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To accomplish 001, 002, 003, etc. numbering, you will have to use SEQ fields
such as the following: { SEQ test \# "000" }.

In order to insert a SEQ field, you can press Ctrl+F9; Word inserts field
delimiters, { }. Type the code as shown within the delimiters. Press F9 to
update. Whenever you want an additional field, you can repeat that
procedure, or you can use copy and paste to duplicate an existing field.

Note that fields do not update automatically, which will be especially
apparent if you used copy and paste to duplicate them. You can force an
update by selecting the whole document and pressing F9, or you can switch to
Print Preview and then back to your current view.

To show/hide field codes, press Alt+F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP