Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

Default Cannot enable macros in Word 2007

Every time I start Word, I get a pop-up box "The function you are attempting
to run contains macros ... " followed by instructions on how to change the
macro settings in the Security Center. After I dismiss the box, it is
immediately followed 4 or 5 more, exactly the same.

The box reappears periodically, I think when it's trying to autosave. I
then get another 4 or 5 when I close Word. I've tried several different
combinations of settings in the Security Center, including the "allow
everything" one. Nothing fixes the problem.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, without success.

I think the fix is going to be to find out where Word is storing these
settings, and then remove them, or overwrite them with the same data from a
working copy I have on another machine. It would be nice if it turns out the
settings are held somewhere on the file system, but I have a feeling they
will be in the registry.

If anyone can provide any advice, I would be most grateful. This problem is
extremely frustrating and it's making working with Word a real pain.

TIA,
JB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Do you have VBA installed for Office 2007? Check the Office Setup in
Add-Remove Programs. There's an option for it under Office Shared Features.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JB" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks a lot. It was really bugging me.