Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kerry Kerry is offline

Default extra line number

With Word 2003 I didn't have a problem, but ever since I've had 2007, when I
have a page break, although it doesn't show a line number on the screen nor
on the print preview, it will print a line number on the line with the page
break. I can fix some of these by deleting the paragraph before the line
break, but if I have different alignments on the preceding and succeeding
lines, that doesn't work. To keep the formatting correct, I must have that
paragraph before the page break. Either being able to fix the line number
printing or being able to fix the formatting of the two lines affected by not
having the paragraph before the page break would be an acceptable solution.
As I say, in Word 2003 this was not a problem.

Any suggestions/solutions?