Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wal[_2_] wal[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 - remove gray from form fields

Word 2007
Vista Enterprise

Where in Word 2007 is the setting (if any??) for toggling the gray
highlight/background in form fields. Thanks very much.

(I just found that I had written a macro to do this a long time ago in
Word 2003 and it still works. But where is the explicit setting in
Word itself?)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming you have the Developer tab enabled, the Form Field Shading button
is one of the Legacy Forms tools in the Legacy Tools palette (in the
Controls group on the Developer tab).
http://word.mvps.org

"wal" wrote in message
Word 2007
Vista Enterprise

Where in Word 2007 is the setting (if any??) for toggling the gray
highlight/background in form fields. Thanks very much.

(I just found that I had written a macro to do this a long time ago in
Word 2003 and it still works. But where is the explicit setting in
Word itself?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wal[_2_] wal[_2_] is offline

Thanks.

I also finally found the place in 2007 itself to change the setting:

Office button Word Options Advanced "Show document content"
subsection Field shading.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"wal" wrote in message

Word 2007
Vista Enterprise

Where in Word 2007 is the setting (if any??) for toggling the gray
highlight/background in form fields. *Thanks very much.

(I just found that I had written a macro to do this a long time ago in
Word 2003 and it still works. *But where is the explicit setting in
Word itself?)- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's actually a different control--applies to all fields rather than just
form fields.

http://word.mvps.org

"wal" wrote in message

Word 2007
Vista Enterprise

Where in Word 2007 is the setting (if any??) for toggling the gray
highlight/background in form fields. Thanks very much.

(I just found that I had written a macro to do this a long time ago in
Word 2003 and it still works. But where is the explicit setting in
Word itself?)- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wal[_2_] wal[_2_] is offline

You're right. Thanks. My original question was incorrectly worded.
I was looking for just "fields". Well, at least there's a single
string with both solutions now.