JinnyT

Default Mail merge email messages

Why does the 'logo' image in my email message end up as an attachment to the
email that the recipient finally receives? The graohic does go through intact
in the body of the email, but it is also attached as a .png file to my
message. Is there anything I can besides removing the logo image to prevent
this?
Graham Mayor

Because Word can only merge to e-mail in plain text and you can't have
graphics in a plain text document.
You have no control over how a recipient views e-mail, with many users
choosing only to view plain text because of the dangers of malicious code in
html e-mails.

JinnyT wrote:
Why does the 'logo' image in my email message end up as an attachment
to the email that the recipient finally receives? The graohic does go
through intact in the body of the email, but it is also attached as a
.png file to my message. Is there anything I can besides removing the
logo image to prevent this?

Graham Mayor

I may have been a little hasty with my previous reply. I had been led to
believe that recent security updates had eliminated the ability to merge
html to e-mail, and this may indeed be the case. However private
correspondence with a fellow contributor suggests that this may not be so.
Security updates, antivirus software and possibly firewall software may also
affect how elements of html messages are handled and received.

It does however remain true that you have absolutely no control over how a
recipient chooses to view e-mails.

JinnyT wrote:
Why does the 'logo' image in my email message end up as an attachment
to the email that the recipient finally receives? The graohic does go
through intact in the body of the email, but it is also attached as a
.png file to my message. Is there anything I can besides removing the
logo image to prevent this?

OctoTools from JBM Systems is a commercial software that accommodates
mail-merge to e-mail along with including graphics. Designed for medium to
high throughputs, OctoTools is used to create forms and eliminate
pre-printed costs, enhance output, and automatically create/convert text and
reports to PDF format for electronic disbursement (e-mail and web posting).
If you are looking for a volume orientated application ( as opposed to an
occasional desktop process requirement) please give me a call. OctoTools is
a very cost effective solution, but not priced or marketed toward the casual
or home desktop user. If you'd like additional info, please visit
www.octotools.com and feel free to give me a call at (978) 535-7676 or
e-mail larry at jbmsystems dot com. Thanks for your time.

Larry T.

Sending Mail Merge to Email to Multiple Recipients in the Same Mes Mark V Mailmerge 13 April 21st 23 05:06 PM
email a mail merge Dan Mailmerge 2 March 10th 05 10:06 PM
including email message with "mail merge with attachment" Lu Mailmerge 0 February 17th 05 09:51 PM
How to attach a PDF file to a Mail Merge Email from Word? RPMissions Mailmerge 1 January 16th 05 07:06 AM